Translate

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Christmas Card Experimenting

Tonight I played around with my Twinkling H2O watercolors and Tim Holtz Distress inks to create my card. I haven't used my Twinkling H2O's much so I'm still learning how to blend and shade...lots of learning to do! I've also never tried to use my distress inks to watercolor either.  Even though I still have lots to learn, I'm still happy with the result.


The main image is called Frosty's Giggling from Little Darlings. It's a rubber cling stamp, and so adorable! I embossed the image with black embossing powder on watercolor paper and colored him with my Twinkling H2O's in Meridian, Periwinkle and White Pearl. I used Orange Peel for his nose. His eyes nose and buttons are colored with a black Atyou glitter gel pen.
I embossed the snowflakes with a bit of Frantage Embossing Enamel and then dipped them in my distress inks spritzed with water. Like I said, first time I tried this...not too bad. It made some neat patterns and I love how different they all turned out. I have a few more I'll use on another project.

No comments:

Post a Comment