Translate

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Christmas in October?

After cleaning up my hobby room today, I felt like experimenting with a new stencil I got a couple weeks ago at the card makers showcase. Here's the result.

 
The stencil, from Penny Black, is the main image. I used the following Copic markers with my airbrush system. G21, G24 and G29. I sprayed the colors from light to dark. I then used R37 to finish the berries. I embellished the berries with pearls and Glossy Accents. The edges of the main image are distressed with Tim Holtz, "Old Paper". I also used Sheena Douglass' "Ageing Beautifully" stamp set to distress the image. I love the look of cracks and waterdrops to add interest.
The card is on a 6 x 6 inch base. Remaining supplies used: Bazzil cardstock, Making Memories "Mistletoe" printed paper, sentiment and label from Whimsy Stamps.
 
 
This is the inside sentiment. I bought this wood mounted stamp about 15 years ago. I haven't used this stamp for ages...good time to get it out again. The snow flakes are from a Stampin' Up set I've had for several years. Hope you enjoy! Have a blessed day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment